Strength




Hi everyone!  I thought I blog about something personal on here.  These past few months has been
a roller coaster in my life, dealing with work issues and overcoming so many changes at work has made everything so overwhelming for my colleagues and I.  Of course there's my personal life as well, being a single mom for 11 years to three beautiful children.  How do I even find the strength to continue what I'm doing?  I get asked that question a lot.  The honest truth to that question is...I try to find my strength through God, there are times I want to break down and cry.  I tell God I can't do this!  How can I even go on as a full time mom and a full time working woman?  I'm thankful for my mom for being there to help out with my children.


For the past few months I've been in a pit hole dealing with depression feeling fatigue and not motivated to do anything.  No matter how much I fight this depression it seems to stick around.
How do I even find my way to God again?  I use to be so dedicated going to church and praying, even if I wasn't praying to God I would just take a moment of my time to talk to him.  

Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I don't know how many times I've read that bible verse. How can I find my strength to even pick myself up again?  That question I tend to ask myself over and over again.  Over the years I've dealt with many tragic incidents that lead me to be a stronger woman and to even face this world alone and go through so many obstacle that life throws at me.  Is there a time in anyone's life where they want to give up and walk away or break down and cry?  I know I have those kinds of feelings where I want to walk away or cry.  At the end of the day I tell myself I can't give up! I need to pick myself  again and fight this battle of mine.  I know God hasn't forsaken me, at least that's what I tell myself.

Deuteronomy 31:6- Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

I know that God gives us signs or speaks to us in many ways; whether if its through music or through people, he lets us know that he's there no matter what we are going through.  As I was driving listening to the radio.... Hillary Scott from( Lady Antebellum )her song came on, Thy Will was the song that she sang,  she wrote that song through an experience that she went through dealing with a miscarriage.  As I was listening to the lyrics to the song it really spoke to me; it was how I truly felt; tears came down, how beautifully the song was written.

We may not understand what we go through in life or how to find strength to go on, always remember that God will always be there no matter what we are going through.  Cast all your burden on to him and lean on to him when you are weary.  One thing I've learned is to never give up praying and trust him even if you find yourself giving up.  

Isaiah 40:31- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.








No comments

Post a Comment